SPD MOM: CT Radiation or lesion? Which one would you pick? - SPD Mom

SPD Mom aka Sensory Perception Disorder Mom ~ Mom of two Asperger/SPD boys, and talk about health related like diet, fitness, nutrition etc

Breaking

Home Top Ad

SPD MOM: CT Radiation or lesion? Which one would you pick?




Uh, so I chose the radiation, which as Time Magazine Reports, is the equivalent of say 500 x rays.. But I also had two of those last week, as well as and MRI and CT scan with two types of die contrast.. And why? Because an amended MRI report found a lesion on my lung.. which turned out to be a calcified something or other.. (I am still confused about the results).. especially where there was dye pooling at my T5 area, where a hemangioma was found.. oh, and scoliosis. So, it has been a very stressful couple of weeks. I don't write much about myself, because this blog really is supposed to be about SPD and Autism, and I try to stay focused on that..(oh, AND we, (me and Tom), got in a car accident yesterday also.. But honestly, I am kind-of calm about all that has happened. I wish I could read my radiology CD, because I still don't know the cause of the dye pooling, pains in my middle back, etc... (LONG STORY).. So, I have a call into the Radiologist to explain the cause of the pooling.. my Doctor had no idea.. But I don't mind playing detective, and getting copies of all my reports.. I mean, it is my body, and I am responsible for my health.. This all started 2 months ago with crazy nerve itching under the skin.. I took all sorts of crap, creams, etc.. and nothing stopped it.. feels like I am being electrocuted, tingling, and ITCHY.. So, then came ex-rays, blah blah blah.. seems I have many bone spurs, stenosis, etc.. (who knew?) Though my achy back was due to everything else but.. and so this Friday, EMG at Penn University Medical Hospital.. to see if I have really damaged my nerves. My blood work had higher levels of white blood cells and abnormal other things, like copper?? and whatever. So, here I am thinking CANCER as Mom died of brain cancer last year.. been really tired.. and my blood pressure is high, 131/93, which FOR ME is really high. I have only ever been like 118/70 my whole life... and it was only in the 131 when I was having a baby.. so.. writing about autism and spd, and crazy behaviors have been on the back burner... at least for now.