SPD MOM: Get Out and VOTE FOR AUTISM/SPD COVERAGE!!!!! - SPD Mom

SPD Mom aka Sensory Perception Disorder Mom ~ Mom of two Asperger/SPD boys, and talk about health related like diet, fitness, nutrition etc

Breaking

Home Top Ad

SPD MOM: Get Out and VOTE FOR AUTISM/SPD COVERAGE!!!!!


Hopefully you dragged/reminded yourself, your spouse, your partner, your friend(s), AND your special needs child to the voting booth today, and cast/will cast your vote for autism/spd. What I mean by that is casting a vote in FAVOR of coverage for pre-existing conditions for children.. I wrote about Sharon Angle a few weeks ago disagreeing with the fact that there should be coverage for autistic kids, and a basic attitude of, "Why the hell should I have to pay for that?" If you missed the YOUTUBE video of her incredibly callous comment, I have the link HERE to my blog. It's politicians like this, who are running for office TODAY, and she is not the only autism bigot either I am sure. So hopefully you have or will vote for the candidate(s), who will BEST protect the new health care law(s) for our kids. Of course' that is not the only reason to vote today either, but its a damn good one in my book. I shudder to think there could be a possibility of repealing this new legislation that benefits EVERYONE in some way, shape or form. My guys are going to need some sort of something, be it therapy for depression, or anxiety, or whatever for the rest of their lives... How do I know? Trust me.... I know.. Life only gets harder when you grow up, especially being an Autistic/SPD kid, so it is really important these safety nets are in place for all special needs kids, and kids with pre-existing issues, not just for Autism. Insurance companies are in the business to make money, I get that, but it should not be at the expense of our guys...