SPD MOM: ABC's "The Middle," showing life w/Aspie..... - SPD Mom

SPD Mom aka Sensory Perception Disorder Mom ~ Mom of two Asperger/SPD boys, and talk about health related like diet, fitness, nutrition etc

Breaking

Home Top Ad

SPD MOM: ABC's "The Middle," showing life w/Aspie.....


Have you seen this show yet? IT IS MY FAVORITE!!! Talk about dead on the money for writing script about character who has many of the typical Asperger behaviors. I watched this show one day with my hubby, and we both looked at each other and said, "Oh my god, that's Chris!" I am speaking about the character known as, "Brick." Just about everything he does reminds us of both our boys... I don't know if this was ABC's intent, but this blip from You Tube, shows Brick in a social skills group...


So true....


I also felt this video really encompasses what it is like to be an Aspie kid at school... or at least partially.. An how resilient they can be. We deal with the bathroom issue all the time.. It made me chuckle.


I don't watch much tv, but I feel ABC did a good job with Brick and the other characters on the show...
Atticus Shaffer plays the role of Brick, I don't know whether or not he has Aspergers, but if not, he is one hell of a child actor...