SPDMOM: "NO MILITARY SERVICE FOR AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS," says the Dept. of Defense... Say What?!? - SPD Mom

SPD Mom aka Sensory Perception Disorder Mom ~ Mom of two Asperger/SPD boys, and talk about health related like diet, fitness, nutrition etc

Breaking

Home Top Ad

SPDMOM: "NO MILITARY SERVICE FOR AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS," says the Dept. of Defense... Say What?!?


I read something today that really blew my mind. I found it on this support site for Aspergers called, "Aspires," which is one of my links on this blog. So, did you know that if you have Autism, PPD-NOS, Aspergers, history of depression, herpes, anorexia, bulimia, past alcohol abuse, history of OCD, ADHD (with "unless this"), restless leg syndrome, planters warts, dermatitis, eczema, period issues, ETC, ETC, ETC.....Our military DOES NOT WANT YOU? You are not allowed to have a career in the military? You can forget living the life of, "Top Gun," or meeting Tom Cruise for that matter, (uh..what ever happened to him anyway??) So, I guess if there is ever a draft re-instated down the road, both my boys will be DISQUALIFIED for sure, (as will I, and hubby).. But, like Aspires says, there was no press on this topic of Aspergers... (hmmmmm).


I always thought that if you had major issues, like missing limbs, seriously crazy, etc., that you would be disqualified, but Aspergers? Even mild Spectrum disorders? Does the Pentagon even know what the hell they are talking about? Shoot, I would love to have an Aspie next to me in combat.. or helping me to find my way around the Afghan mountains...High intelligence is NOT welcomed in the military apparently.. Maybe there's a fear they wouldn't obey orders.. Can you imagine,"Uh Captain sir, I think the map is wrong, and we should be moving one point one five degrees west/southwest, rather than the way you suggested?" That would be my Chris, and I have to say, if the command was morally wrong???? both my son(s) would disobey. They have pretty strong consciences.. So do you want to know what else disqualifies you? Click on the entire, "Department of Defense Instruction Manual." There is a whole GIGANTO LIST of things....I am surprised ANYONE qualifies..


P.S. Noticed two more folk joined SPD MOM.. You are most welcome here... thanks for joining!


http://www.aspires-relationships.com/Dept%20of%20Defense%20Guidelines.pdf