SPD MOM: Sharon Angle doesn't like Autism coverage... - SPD Mom

SPD Mom aka Sensory Perception Disorder Mom ~ Mom of two Asperger/SPD boys, and talk about health related like diet, fitness, nutrition etc

Breaking

Home Top Ad

SPD MOM: Sharon Angle doesn't like Autism coverage...


You gotta love when a politician says something stupid about Autism.. Just shows how much they are out of the loop... that and their lack of compassion. Now, in all fairness to Sharon Angle, before I posted this video on my blog, I did contact her office, the one in Reno....


Reno Office
1280 E. Plumb Lane, Suite C
Reno, NV 89502
Phone: (775) 787-6017
Fax: (775) 682-4470
Las Vegas Office
7710 W. Sahara Avenue, Suite #127
Las Vegas, NV 89117
Phone: (702) 243-1976
Fax: (702) 924-1522


What was LESS funny was the fact that the woman I was speaking with at her office, had NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT, even though I was the second person today, to call about this comment. I asked for clarification regarding Sharons' statement about Autism coverage, and what did she, "really mean to say." After waiting on hold 10 minutes, and clearly this woman really had no idea about Sharons' stand, I was told that, "Ms. Angle doesn't believe we should pay for services we don't use. That we should be able to pick the things we want covered under our health care, and not pay for things we don't need or use."


SO I SAID:


"So, what about school taxes? We all pay them even if we don't have kids in school, and what about Social Security? We all pay into that, even though it'll crap out before 2020. Even though I don't live in Nevada, I think it would be a good idea for Ms. Angle to go on public record to clarify the comment about Autism. Especially if that is not what she meant to say. And it might be a good idea, since you work for her and field phone calls like this to check out the video I am talking about, so you'll know WHAT I am talking about."
Now, in all fairness, yes, who wants to pay for what they don't use? But part of the system, whether it be SSI or paying the IRS relies on everyone PAYING into the system.. Imagine if none of us paid into Social Security for the beneficiaries using it today? And don't think Sharon we are not paying for YOUR medical needs already, or are you perfectly healthy???


And it would be nice, for just once, for a politician to say what they meant to say... THE FIRST TIME AROUND.